To ice or not to ice?
Actions carried out
Putting up a dozen routes on a 1000m wall, of which one on the Great Sail Peak Coconut connection.
Summary of the stopover
After the fjords’ navigation until Iceland, Jeanne joins us in Upernavik to discover the ice caps. On the other side of Baffin’s sea, Sean and Nico are alone waiting for our arrival. It’s early in the season and there is still a lot of ice. We still decide to leave, hoping to find a way until Samfordfjord. Although the ice’s reflex distorts reality, we keep going to finally cross the ice banks and join Nico and Sean. An improbable meeting at the world’s end. After two months spent on their own for Nico and Sean and a long traverse for us, it is quite incredible to meet in these icy plains. We depart together, eager to find a way across the ice of the North-West passage.
Thanks to the Mer et Montagne Award that has introduced me to this crazy band of mountaineers, it has changed my life, for real!
- Personal record: 10 participations in the Figaro’s solo race, best performance: 5th. Several podiums on the Transat AG2R
- Date of birth07/09/1976
- Asset at seait’s the universe I know better
- Asset on landPfff
- Distinguishing featureCurious
- Sport achievement with MaewanThe first leg of the journey, departure on the 8th of February 2015 from the Aber Wrac’h under the snow, heading towards Iceland with Erwan, Yop, Cloclou and Dod. Then, in the summer of 2016, participated in part of the North-West passage from Greenland to Cambridge Bay, with Erwan, Multi, Sean and Nico. Among ice and bears
Northwest passage from Baffin Island’s Sam Ford Fjord until Cambridge Bay
- Personal recordFirst ascent of Big Walls in Greenland, Baffin Island, Patagonia, China, Venezuela, Pakistan, India…first free ascent of the East face “Regalo de Mwono” Central Tower of Torres del Paine
- Date of birth7 february 1981
- Asset at seaa deep love for Arctic swimming and seasickness
- Asset on landgood for mossy and wet offwidths and exhausting slabs
- Distinguishing featureplays the Irish flute and the bagpipes
- Sport achievement with Maewana day of fighting with icebergs to find a passage for Maewan
- SponsorsPatagonia, Petzl, Lyofood, Scarpa