Adventure within the adventure
Actions carried out
First solo traverse
Summary of the stopover
One day Éric Loizeau told me: “you’re not really a sailor until you navigate solo”. So, since I left France, I have always kept this is mind and developed as a sailor to finally undertake a solitary crossing. After three years at sea, in all types of sea, conditions, I still did not know if I was ready to take up the solo challenge. Jeanne Grégoire was very supportive, but I still had a weird feeling in my stomach at the thought of it. The next stopover was in the Salomon Islands, a large mass of water in between the islands and her atolls. It’s 5pm and Marcos Costa just left. As I leave the harbour, a light rain begins to fall. I will be alone in the upcoming month and a half, ready to discover the sea through solo sailing.
Part of the French junior ski team, then ice climbing team as a senior. Mountain guide and skipper, Erwan has crossed the world wearing crampons and ice-axes, with more than 20 expeditions behind his back. He has been organising international climbing events –the “Petzl Roc Trip” in Europe, USA, Mexico, China and Argentina for 12 years before throwing himself into this 7-year adventure between sea and mountains, with top-level athletes as teammates.
With Marion, they have decided to use this sport adventure as basis on which to develop Maewan’s educational and environmental programs. In this context, Erwan was chosen in 2017 as Activist Of The Year by Communicaton Sans Frontières during the Fair Communication Awards.
- Distinguishing featurehas more yerba mate than hemoglobine in his blood
- Activist of the Year Award 2017 🏆
« Être poussé dans ses retranchements ? Ça tombe bien je suis né pour ça ! En revanche, Erwan, peux-tu me resserrer cette vis pendant que Marion vérifie nos stocks d’eau et de nourriture ? »
- Date de naissance13/07/1982
- Port d'attacheL’Aber Wrac’h
- MensurationsTaille : 10,87m x 3,82m – Poids : 10 tonnes
- Costume Une coque aluminium et 5 voiles
- Capacité d’accueil Jusqu’à 6 personnes à bord
- Autonomie (alimentaire et matérielle) 5 mois
- Politique anti-gaspiMaewan, c'est comme une mini-terre. Un espace aux ressources limitées et donc partagées. C'est une véritable école environnementale, tout doit être utilisé avec parcimonie. À bord, le gaspillage est interdit. Ses voiles nous permettent d'utiliser les éléments naturels pour nos déplacements.
- Signe distinctifPrêt à tout mais moins au près qu’au portant
- Leitmotiv Range-moi, prends soin de moi e a muerte !