Wind, ice and summits
Actions carried out
Putting.up a new rock route of 500metre on the East Tower of the Falsos Torres del Paine.
Exploring six possible expeditions on Darwin Island and on Cloué’s peninsula.
Summary of the stopover
After crossing the Pacific, we reutn to our favourite sport: alpinism. It’s on a rock tower that we wake-up our muscles again.
The difficult weather in Tierra del Fuego forces us to protect Maewan and distracts us from our projects. We’ll have to come back!
Mountains have been the playground where I met Erwan, during our training as mountain guides. As he mentioned his project around the world, it was clear that I was going to find a place on board in one of the stopovers. Why? Friendship combined with a unique project. And the “unique” aspect has gradually materialised in the educational dimension of Maewan: go to World’s End, organise encounters between athletes the children of isolated communities to inspire and spark in them the creativity to make them dream in turn.
Since I am not an athlete and not very good at maths either, but I still wanted to give a hand, since the Treasurer’s spot was empty, I took on the role.
- Personal recordIn 1991, high traverse of and Maroccan Anti-Atlas in Mountain Bike. In 1994, traverse of the Andes in ski tour. Start from Las Lenas (Argentine), end in Paso Santa Elena (Chile). Solo traverse in 12 days. In 1995, 17 days in Hielo Patagonico Sur (Patagonia) and ski descent from Gorra Blanca. In 1996, participation at the IX° International Summit of ice climbers in Ouray (Colorado, USA). In 1999 : expedition to the Cerro Mercedario (Argentina), 1st ski descent of the West face of Pico Polaco, 6010m. In 2007, 3 months in Argentina and Chile : summitting Villarica and Lanin volcanoes with skis, multi-pitch climbing (Chile) in Cajon del Maipu, Arenales. Fitz Roy attempt (Patagonia).
- Date of birth04/07/1968
- Asset at seanever dies
- Asset on landat ease on arêtes and at parties
- Distinguishing featureneo-chatelain during the week, Epirurean the rest of the time, Maewan’s treasurer
As a mountaineer, I am a believer of uncertainty being the founding element of adventure. It is the unforeseen that fascinates me. In every circumstance, it is only climbing in its purest form that leaves the door open for passion and curiosity.
- Personal recordAlpiniste, photographe, guide de haute montagne. Titulaire d'un diplôme universitaire en génie chimique. A commencé à grimper en 1982. Depuis, il a effectué de nombreuses ascensions en Slovénie et dans le monde. Être fils, mari, père de deux fils et humain simplement responsable est un véritable défi au-delà de toute liste.
- Date of birthOctobre 1965
- Asset at seacurious crewman
- Asset on landan active observer of the unexpected
- Distinguishing featureno diplomatic skills, what does that even mean
- Sport achievement with Maewanswim with clothes on and a camera
- SponsorsPatagonia, Scarpa, Lyofood, Brinox, family members
The best things arrive when they are not expected. Suddenly, the occasion arises! Honestly, even in my wildest dreams, I would have not imagined being part of Maewan. I met Erwan just a few days before the start of our adventure. We connected immediately as he is open, sociable, ready to help, and always positive
. We have navigated, hiked, explored, climbed, shared some good histories, played Uno, baked bread, and shared “nature” toilets outside. We have sailed in the region of the world I have always wished to see: La Tierra del Fuego.
The idea of traveling, explore the world’s places with different people is unique! This is why this experience is unforgettable. Life is not about being the best, life is about adventure. Keep going!
- Personal recordtwo beautiful daughters, founder of a Glamping a Kamnik, do the things I say I would do, be part of Maewan
- Date of birth27/09/1983
- Asset at seasous-chef and baker
- Asset on landGood orientation
- Distinguishing featuresame name as a famous character of a Slovenian comic-strip book, which has an opposed personality to mine.
Jeanne Gregoire told me about Erwan and his project back in 2015…but back then I was only interested in off-shore races and regattas. I was fortunate to meet Erwan at the Sea and Mountain trophy.
A huge thank you to Yves Bleves who had a hold-up as he was about to join Maewan, so hop! Here I am in Puerto Natales for a superb voyage with Marko, Rozle and Erwan until Puerto Williams. I have been impressed by Erwan’s actions, listening like the others with big eyes about over-consumption and pollution.
Difficult to put into words what that was provoking in me, but definitively interesting. I am really proud to have been invited to this adventure.
- Personal recordIn 2013 : 2nd en IRC 2 FASNET RACE. In 2012 : 2nd MED race en M34 BAE SYSTEM.. In 2009 : 5th of the transat BPE. In 2008 : 1st of the solo portsdefrance.com. In 2007 : 1st of the solo portsdefrance.com et 1er solo Figaro Les Sables. In 2006 : 9th solo of the Med. In 2006 : 1st Trophy UNCL IRC, 12e de la Generali.
- Date of birth19/08/1970 à Chambéry Savoie
- Asset at sea: I have navigated with my parents since my childhood and I have lived many adventures on a boat similar to Maewan’s
- Asset on landI speak English and Spanish quite well
- Distinguishing featureI speak a lot
- Sport achievement with Maewansome nice Uno games, I’ve taught a new card game to the team: Kaboum