Actions carried out
Exploring new incredible surf places
Summary of the stopover
The South Pacific’s bi waves, crash on Patagonia’s West Coast, can the Lost in the Swell handle them?
Can the Dream Team composed by the Lost in the Swell and Eric Peron pursue their thirst for lost waves?
Behind a glacier, we finally find them.
Every adventure is a dream come true. For 10 years we (Ronan Gladu, Aurélien Jacob, Ewen Le Goff) roam the world searching for never surfed waves. This allows us to meet different cultures in an environmentally-friendly dimension, which usually consists of using non-polluting transport. Whether by bike, by foot or by donkey, each expedition brings its lot of novelty, unexpected factors, and challenges. For several years we have been scouting this interesting Patagonian coast, which offers good potential for surfing. But finding a good way of getting there was not that obvious. Until the day we met Marion and Erwan, and found out by chance (it must have been) that their next stopover was precisely the place we wanted to explore. I won’t tell you how it ended and I invite you to watch the web serie of the adventure!
- Personal recordin 2008, surf on a desert island in Indonesia. In 2013, Tour of Brittany by sail. In 2015, surf and fat bike on the Aquitaine coast. In 2017, “lost paradise” exploring Africa’s coasts in fat bike. In 2018, “Marocanerie”: expedition on the Moroccan coast with donkeys. In 2020, “Patalluvia” exploring Chilean Patagonia’s coast on board of the sailboat Maewan
- Date of birth04/04/2012
- Asset at seaNone of us suffers from seasickness
- Asset on landAlways ready to make a fire, cook, fish and explore
- Distinguishing featurealways ready to not be taken seriously
- Sport achievement with MaewanExploration of Chilean Patagonia’s coast looking for the perfect wave. Maewan, we cannot thank you enough!
- Sponsors OXBOW, Cross Call, Notox, Posca
Erwan, it’s firstly a story of friendship, born during our encounter at the Mer-Montagne award. For me, Maewan is pure adventure. I wanted to be part of something that looked even more like adventure than my usual offshore races.
- Personal record12 transatlantic racing, 7 Figaro solos, 1 around the world racing
- Date of birth03/04/1981
- Asset at seaat sea, I’m patient. Nothing is ever grave, so I like to embrace difficult situations, dilemmas and everything that usually makes things turn out to be all right!
- Asset on landattract all ladies, but it’s pity because they speak only Spanish
- Distinguishing featureLittle blue-eyed Breton, definitively the most handsome of the group
- Sport achievement with MaewanWe have not done a lot of sport activity. It was mostly about coastal navigation, except for raising the anchor I do not know what else would count as sport (laughs)!
- SponsorsFrench Touch