Actions carried out
Checking out Ball Pyramid.
Summary of the stopover
From Maewan’s start, Tanguy de Lamotte supports us with his advice and equipment…as he did not have time for Iceland, he joins us in Nouméa with Marion on the 31st of December. We traverse the enormous lagoon South of New Caledonia until the Pins, where Marion disembarks. Later on the route Hervé Qualizza pointed out this bizarre geological formation of 562m that comes out of the water. We know already that disembarking there with just the two of us is going to be impossible, but still we are led there by our curiosity.
I met Erwan during the Mer et Montagne Award, where he told me about his small sailboat (the one before that was even smaller) and his project around the world. He always kept the doors open to join this project. I tried to give him some advice (and equipment) when choosing his boat and in the first practice runs. I was there at the big departure at Aber Wrac’h, I helped the team (which in one moment I thought of joining) to pack the last things before leaving. Finally, only two years later I join Erwan (and the new entry Marion) at Noumea. From there, we crossed to Sydney with a legendary stopover on Howe Island/Balls Pyramid. Very happy to have participated in continuing the project with Erwan. Safe journey my friend and see you next time, thanks!
- Personal record2003 design and construction of the prototype Mini Transat 6.50 (Lorient). In 2005, 5th Mini FastNet, 7th Mini Transat (la Rochelle-Salvador de Bahia). In 2007, design and construction Class 40 (Thailand) and 7th Trans Jacques Vabre. In 2008, World Champion Class 40, 3rd Quebec Saint – Malo. In 2009, 1st Chocolate première en double. In 2013 : 8th Transat Jacques Vabres en double (Le Havre-Itajai). In 2014: 7th Route du Rhum en solo (saint Malo-Guadeloupe). In 2015 : 5th Fastnet Race et 5ème Transat Jacques Vabres en double (Le Havre-Itajai). in 2016 : Vendée Globe : drop-out In 2017: 5ème Fastnet Race et 7ème Transat Jacques Vabres en double (Le Havre-Salvador de Bahia).
- Date of birth06/05/78
- Asset at seaAppreciates navigation for the journey that it creates, not only for the excitement of solo competitions
- Asset on landAlways keen on a new adventure. In the mountains: little technique and style, but gets through anything. Loves the sea-mountain combination (participated 8 times at the Mar
- Distinguishing featureKind
- Sport achievement with MaewanCrossing New Caledonia - Australia with Erwan. Kite-surfing in the Bering Strait